Everyone has a list of dreams, but not everyone goes for them. Some of them are lifelong dreams, while others you don’t realize where dreams till after they happened. Cool things happen all around us all the time. But you have to be there in order for them to become real. It just takes a choice. A choice to get out and make them happen.
Here is a list of a few dreams that I’ve accomplished:
- Travel the world (18 countries and counting!)
- Watch a Space Shuttle launch (At night. Check!)
- Watch Endeavour fly over San Francisco (Check!)
- Watch Endeavour being towed in LA (Hey, I like space stuff!)
- Drive on the German autobahns (Check check check!!!)
- Go to Oktoberfest (Twice!)
- Stand on both ends of the Mediterranean.
- Watch baseball history as Barry Bond breaks home run record. (Luck!)
- Go to a major league playoff game (Last year!)
- Start my own business (In progress!)
- Meet the most awesome girl in the world (Check!)
Here is a list of some of the dreams I’m going to achieve one way or another.
- Keep traveling the world (This will never end.)
- Travel to every US state (34 so far.)
- Spend a complete year traveling (somewhere, anywhere.)
- And maybe visit every MLB baseball stadium (Good reason to travel.)
- Go to the World Series (Come on A’s, help me with this one!)
- Have a successful business (It’s going to happen.)
- Be financially free (See my last bullet.)
I remember this one time when I told someone I was traveling to Australia. Their response?
“You’re so lucky!”
Their response shocked me. But soon I realized that they have a different definition of dreams than I had. Some people think dreams are only dreams, like it is an ungrantable wish – something unachievable.
My definition of dreams: It’s an idea, no matter how large or small, that you chase and make happen.
Do you want to know the best part about chasing dreams? It’s those magic moments that happen along the way.
From Aug 6 through Sep 5, I’m participating in The Suitcase Entrepreneur’s 30 Day Blog Challenge. Every day, for the next 30 days, I’ll be posting about a new topic of the day about building my own online business. I’m looking forward to learning new tips and trick for my new blog, Livermore Rocks! So join me on my quest as I take on the 30 Day Blog Challenge. Enjoy -Kirk